I casually polled my friends and clients last week. While a few could list a couple of New Year’s Resolutions, most people rolled their eyes a bit when I questioned them. Clearly, not everyone is a fan of “the list”. Personally, I AM fond of making a list. Part of it is a “to do” list for the year, while the other supports the more traditional form of resolutions.
As I’ve posted, I had a bit of a stormy fall. December brought resolution to some issues and had me hurrying into the new year with hope. No need to clean out the (literal and figurative) closests, it’s been done. It’s all about what lies ahead for me. Yeah for me!
So here’s my list of things I’m determined to get done this year. It will act as a table-of-contents of sorts for my next several posts:
1) Toughen Up! Learn how a cold tub, a SEAL, and “it’s only cold…” could give me the biggest kick in the ass of the year.
2) Make a Comeback! Uuuuhhh…was I ever really “here”, and if I was, did anyone even notice I was gone?
3) Spend the year in the Injury-Free-Zone! From rehab to running; a girl’s gotta’ dream!
4) Drop the Fat! Weighing in on the “fat and fit” debate, if you care to hear my opinion.
5) Lose the Fat! I miss mayonaise already. I know I will! My substitution list.
6) Yin is In! Why doing my Yin-homework is essential to maintaining balance during my high-stress times.
7) Practice Intimacy as a Spiritual Discipline! If you think that I’m running one of “those” personal ads or that I have waaaaaaaay to much free time….than this obviously needs a longer explanation. Wait for it…
All in all, I think 2010 (and I’m commited to saying “Two-thousand Ten) is going to be a pretty happy year! Would love to hear of your resolutions, er…commitments…plans for the year!