It’s not easy to stay on the path of fitness. Heck, it’s not easy to stay on the path of HEALTH! For average Americans, the quest is not to get fit and to live a live of vitality, it is to GET BACK to a level of HEALTH. As Daniel Plan followers, we are attempting to put the status of our bodies in a better place. We do this by proclaiming our truths…our “who” we are, our “what” our greater plan is, our “where” we are now, our “why” it is good and necessary, our “how” this should be accomplished…
…our “if” we really buy into the whole thing…
My whole premise of this blog…life is a tightrope walk. Keep your eyes on the prize. Don’t look back, don’t look down. Shift happens. Some days you’ll be doing your best to maintain your balance, and others you will find the strength to carry on. Maybe even with a little grace. If you fall off the rope, decided whether you want to get back up of lie there. Try again when you’re ready.
Use your tools. Put in the training time. Get help/coaching when you are in need. Don’t expect miracles (take them when presented with them).
As for exercise:
- start where you are and follow the rope
- monitor how many steps you take, and go for more
- increase about 10% each week
- “more active, more often”
- breathe (it’s better than the alternative)
- lead with your heart (physically, emotionally, spiritually)
- If you want to move better, learn how to move. Better. Whether you are an outfielder or someone who has really high cabinets to reach for, sometimes a little coaching is involved.
- “train” instead of “exercise” (a subtle difference for the mind)
- Focus. Meditate.
- do all things mindfully, with the holy spirit. It’s kind of the glue that keeps all this stuff together, don’t you know. 🙂